school’s statement of mission
At TNS Beaconhouse, our aim is to create a school community that values the rights of children and helps project a positive image of the child. We aspire to create a legacy of global minded, critical and higher order thinkers who will not only be the leaders of tomorrow but also internationally-minded contributors to making the world a peaceful place for everyone despite their differences.
IB MISSION STATEMENT
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) is more than its educational programmes and certificates. At our heart we are motivated by a mission to create a better world through education.
The curriculum, and the way it is taught, is designed to ensure that each child reaches their individual potential. The classroom environment must be a visually stimulating resource base for staff and students.
We value and respect our students and expect the same in return. This policy of mutual trust is evident in our relationships, our actions, our behavioural expectations, especially in the voice of the student council.
The objectives of our curriculum are concerned not merely with helping children acquire knowledge and to teach skills, but also with developing attitudes and values. The staff works hard to ensure that curricular objectives are realistic and are concerned with developing each child’s individual academic and social strengths. At TNS we ensure that our students value and enjoy the process of work as much as the work itself.
TNS students learn to demonstrate:
- Critical thinking through acquiring core knowledge in the areas of mathematics, physical and life sciences, literature, social students and religious studies
- Knowledge and understanding to identify and address complex problems
- Views and actions with reasonable and intelligible argument
- Skills and work habits by using technology in a wide variety of situations
- Time and resource management to accomplish goals, both individually and as part of a team
- Communication skills through reading, writing, listening and speaking effectively in at least two languages
- Skills in maintaining well-being by developing and expressing themselves creatively;
- Empathy and respect for others
- Responsibility of action
- An understanding of and concern for the environment; A global citizenship by being aware of international politics, communities and cultures beyond Pakistan
School’s Core Values: