The physical environment of the child is often referred to as the child’s third teacher, the parents being the second and the school being the first. Our aim is to give students every opportunity to experience as much as possible in a resource-rich learning environment.
Our first campus in Gulberg was purpose-designed as a model of a sustainable and energy efficient building. Our latest Defence campus has been designed as an environmentally friendly and sustainable structure that caters to the school’s functional requirements at an international level. It is a simple, practical yet stimulating environment for both students and staff that supports the school’s ‘green’ culture.
All year levels from Nursery upwards are available at TNS Defence, whilst TNS Gulberg will function in parallel as an Early Years and Lower Primary Campus (Nursery to Year 4). All students from TNS Gulberg will transfer to TNS Defence in Year 4. Although a new campus is planned to open in August 2018 in Gulberg, and the option to teach up to Year 10 is being considered. The graduates of Year 10 will then move to our DHA Campus for the last two years of the IB diploma.
- Both campuses offer modern, age-appropriate facilities and resources as follows:
- Fully-resourced classrooms of international standard size
- Climate-controlled environment
- Music and Dance studio
- TNS Atelier (Art Suite)
- Age-appropriate science laboratories
- ICT & Media Suite
- Special Learning Needs Centre
- Nutrition-managed Cafeteria
- Age-appropriate, indoor heated Swimming Pool
- Age-appropriate learning centres (libraries) including a 3-storey Learning Centre at TNS Defence
- The Access Centre (Career Guidance Unit for older pupils) *
- Design & Technology Studio *
- Multi-purpose halls including an underground gymnasium/auditorium at TNS Defence
- Underground parking (for special use) *
- Rooftop garden *
- Piazza (Reggio Emilia-inspired central courtyards) **
- Elevator access (for special use) *
- Age-appropriate school playgrounds
- Access to Beaconhouse Bedian Road Sports Complex & Riding School
- Both branches have indoor swimming pools and swimming is compulsory
* TNA DHA Campus only
** TNS Gulberg only
TNS has a nutrition-managed kitchen which provides healthy in-house cooked meals daily. We support your parenting by providing education in a clean and healthy environment. Being a TNS parent means that you do not have to pack a school lunch for your child every day. We ensure a healthy diet by only serving non-fried, trans-fat-free, freshly prepared foods. To ensure that children enjoy their meal-time, we update our menu daily, providing the healthiest of both continental and local cuisines.
At TNS, emerging technologies are a fully-integrated and natural part of our environment. However, their use is never emphasised over and above the use of any other resource in the classroom. We believe that technology should be used where it adds ‘value’ to the learning process.
Interactive whiteboards and associated technology
Personal computers including I-Mac and Netbooks
Video cameras, digital cameras
Internet facility, printers, scanners
*We have designated IT and media suites to implement the technology base. The design technology suite has it's own fully-equipped machine room.